Bill Allen Memorial Park
I rated this course 4/5 because it is a well maintained, very nice, very technical course. Adding concrete tees would push my rating higher, but the crushed granite at least gives you a solid base. The hole length mix is very nice, as well as the volume of trees per hole. Precise shot shaping is required to get a good score more than distance, which is fun (or disastrous). There is a nice meandering creek that comes into play through most of the front nine, and the pond mentioned above on No. 6 can make you cringe, especially if there is a lot of wind. Holes 11 and 12 are heavily wooded, with very narrow fairways. Getting into the trees here can wreck a round. Hole 17 can be really fun, as the tee is set up on the hill by the street, and with the prevailing tail wind you can launch a drive down the wide open fairway.
This course demands precison and the ability to make several different type of throws. Par for the course is 55 (No. 5 is marked Par 4), and anything less than 60 is a great score. Get your birdies on the front, as it only gets harder from there. My personal best is 56 (27 out, 29 in).
This is definitely one of my favorite courses to play in the Dallas area!!!!! Very well kept, with a good mix of long and short holes. Alot of the holes have a good amount of shade and are in the woods, so there are a few challenging tree covered holes. Lots of fun, guaranteed you will enjoy it. Watch out for hole 6, which is throwing over the pond. You will really have to launch it to make it over, if not it will eat your discs. Lost my beloved beast there a few weeks ago....RIP. This course is a must play.
Awesome Park! Wish I knew about it sooner. Good mix of long and short holes. The course really test your accuracy.
Courses Close By
- Griffin Middle School Disc Golf Course, The Colony TX USNo votes yet
- Dash's Track Disc Golf Course, Frisco TX USNo votes yet
- McCord Park, Little Elm TX US(1 vote)
- Castle Hills, Carrollton TX USNo votes yet
- Greenbelt Park, Carrollton TX US(7 votes)
- Old Man McCutcheon Disc Golf Park, Lewisville TX US(7 votes)
- Jimmy Porter Park, Carrollton TX US(5 votes)
- UT Dallas Alumni Disc Golf Course, Richardson TX US(1 vote)
- Shawnee Park, Plano TX US(4 votes)
- Andrew Brown Park, Coppell TX US(3 votes)