Official Event Layouts
20th Annual Capital City Challenge Driven by Innova6-Oct-2018
- Holes: 18
- Length: 4,691 ft.
- Par: 55
- Divisions: FA2, FJ10, MA2, MA3, MA4, MA40, MA50, MA55, MA60
19th Annual Capital City Challenge7-Oct-2017
- Holes: 18
- Length: 4,515 ft.
- Par: 55
- Divisions: FA2, FA3, FPO, MA1, MA2, MA3, MA4, MG1, MM1, MPO
This coarse is an excellent coarse to play on for beginners , the holes aren't too long , and some technical shots which aren't too difficult if you are learning to control your shots . Not many heavily wooded areas to loose your discs if a shot gets away from ya , but, as DiscGolferUSA said there are some shady characters hang out at this park so be sure to take company with you when you play this coarse. Otherwise this is a perfect coarse to go by yourself just practice different shots and sharpen up your skills.Keep your eyes on your discs cause occasionally someone will try and pic them up thinking they are being helpful.It's quite entertaining playing here to say the least..lol.....There are some talks that SDGC are going to be doing some tweaking on this coarse soon to make it little more challenging..I leave updates when that gets started :-) Hope this is helpful
Very fun course. Played it many times.
PROS: Fairly easy to follow, there are some elevation changes, some very challenging holes, some blind tees, a mix of short and longer holes, it has a nice layout that helps speed up play and you can get two rounds in pretty easy, it has regular & pro tee markers on most holes, it's free.
CONS: The clientele visiting the park is very shady, a lot of hobos & drunks loitering around the picnic area, a couple of the holes were a little difficult to follow and a few holes were moved, the hole number on the baskets are not all marked, there are regular & pro tee offs, but they are difficult to find and need to be replaced in some cases, a little restoration effort could probably put this course into a 5 category, I am not from the area and getting to and from the park can be a little confusing the way the streets around there are laid out.
TIPS: Watch out for heavy leaves in the fall. Discs can become lost in the mounds of downed oak leaves after a long tee-off if you aren't watching close.
Courses Close By
- Lincoln Park - North, Springfield IL US(3 votes)
- Lincoln Park - South, Springfield IL US(4 votes)
- University of Illinois - Springfield Disc Golf Course, Springfield IL US(2 votes)
- Crazy Horse Disc Golf, Ashland IL USNo votes yet
- Foreman Grove Disc Golf Course, Jacksonville IL USNo votes yet
- Decatur Convention Center, Decatur IL USNo votes yet
- Forsyth Park Disc Golf Course, Forsyth IL US(1 vote)
- The Chains at Veterans Park, Havana IL USNo votes yet
- Nelson Park Disc Golf Course, Decatur IL US(2 votes)
- Spencer Park, Maroa IL USNo votes yet