Hitzman Optimist Disc Golf Course
An entry-level course winding through a stand of pines and live oaks. Easy to navigate and difficult to lose a disc (no underbrush). The “natural” fairways range from 215’ to 330’. #1 has a short alt. tee for seasonal use during the Optimist’s Christmas tree sale. Not a single living tree was cut to build this course.
Course Type: Permanent
# Holes: 9
Target Type: DISCatcher
Tee Type: Natural
Course Length: 2,445ft
Hole Length: Under 300ft: 6 | 300 - 400ft: 3 | Over 400ft: 0
Course Designer: Gregg Hosfeld-WCDGD.com
I-10; exit 17 (U.S. 90/ Scenic Hwy). South about 2 miles to a right on Langley, 1.2 miles to a left into park. 1st tee between parking lot and road.
Email: Jeff Pohlman
Alt. Phone: 850-436-5676
Official Event Layouts
There are no official event layouts available for this course.
by cody52210 on Jul 27, 2012 at 12:45am
I first learned on this course. Its fairly open, easy to find all tees and baskets. I got the hang of the game after only a few throws and I've been hooked ever since.
Courses Close By
- University of West Florida, Pensacola FL USNo votes yet
- Extension Park, Cantonment FL USNo votes yet
- NAS Pensacola Corry Station, Pensacola FL USNo votes yet
- Sunset Disc Golf Course, Gulf Breeze FL US(3 votes)
- The Way Disc Golf Course, Pace FL US(1 vote)
- Pirates Cove at NLA, Milton FL USNo votes yet
- Gator Links at NLA, Milton FL US(1 vote)
- Radford Disc Golf Course, Pensacola FL USNo votes yet
- Blue Angel Park - Oaks Disc Golf Course, Pensacola FL US(2 votes)
- Blue Angel Park - Pines Disc Golf Course, Pensacola FL US(1 vote)