Jack Brooks Park - Gulf Meadows
Official Event Layouts
Gorilla DG presentts the "Pumpkin Smash" at Jack Brooks Park- Driven by Innova19-Oct-2019
meadows regular concrete
- Holes: 18
- Length: 5,579 ft.
- Par: 55
- Divisions: FA3, MA2, MA3, MA50, MP50, MPO
JACK BROOKS OPEN 3- Driven by INNOVA8-Jun-2019
JBO3 Meadows +4
- Holes: 22
- Length: 6,409 ft.
- Par: 68
- Divisions: FA3, MA2, MA3, MA4
- Divisions: FPO, MA1, MA40, MA50, MA60, MP50, MPO
2nd Annual Jack Brooks Open presented by Bayou City Disc Golf23-Sep-2017
- Holes: 21
- Par: 65
- Divisions: MA1, MM1, MPG, MPM, MPO
- Divisions: FA1, MA2, MA3
I am giving TWO reviews, as there are two courses within the park. This is for the original course (a right turn at the T intersection). this course is short, but challenging. It is a great course for the beginner or intermediate player, as it will teach them STRAIGHT is more important than FAR. Fairly easy to follow and 3 FANTASTIC finishing holes through the woods. However, it does get swamped and can stay that way for WEEKS after a hard rain. I have played this course since 1994 (ish) and I still go back to it when I have freinds who are just starting to play the game.
The 2nd course is much newer (2010?) and is a left at the T intersection. This course is a great mix of short, long, wooded, open, and even has TWO elevated tee pads. Water comes into play on several holes (two ponds and a creek). The signage was OK, but it took me awhile to find #5 (over the bridge) and even longer find #15 (across the street, on top of the hill). But that did not detract from the total experience. This is a BEAUTIFUL course that will challenge the andvanced and pro player alike. Can't wait to play a tournament here (even though I live 4 hours away in Corpus Christi). This course is a "must play" for anybody within a 2 hour drive.
Follow the directions to the park, the map (as currently shown) is wrong. You can zoom in enough to see the park on the map, north of the marker for the course.
Decent course, but not very well maintainted. Fields had not been mowed in some time. Don't go if it has been raining a lot, because we did, and the place was a swamp. Watch out for the fire ants!
This is the best course I have ever played!!! There are 2 - 18 hole courses here, one is more for the amateur the other is more for the seasoned players. Great use of terrain and natural obstacles. I'm looking forward to getting back to Texas to play this one again next spring.
Courses Close By
- Seacrest Disc Golf Course, Texas City TX USNo votes yet
- Jack Brooks Park - Cedar Hills, Hitchcock TX USNo votes yet
- Bay Street Park Disc Golf Course, Texas City TX USNo votes yet
- Briscoe Park, Alvin TX USNo votes yet
- Resoft County Park Disc Golf Course, Alvin TX USNo votes yet
- NASA Disc Golf at Gilruth Center, Houston TX USNo votes yet
- Miramar Park, Seabrook TX US(1 vote)
- Taylor Lake Village Disc Golf Course, Taylor Lake Village TX US(3 votes)
- Centennial Park Disc Golf Course, Pearland TX USNo votes yet
- South Main Baptist Church Disc Golf Course, Pasadena TX USNo votes yet