Joe Eakes Park at Kure Beach
Official Event Layouts
There are no official event layouts available for this course.
- Very challenging, great layout, and extremely well taken care of.
- Wide variety of holes. Some you can air it out on, but many are extremely technical. There are even a few holes with signs that say, "No overhead throws from tee." This adds another degree of difficulties as the holes that sport these signs seem ideal for a hammer or a tomahawk.
- Some tight fairways, but quite a few that allow you to open up and let 'er rip. Definitely a course worth checking out if you're looking to improve your accuracy.
- Solid baskets and tee boxes. Benches on every tee and the baskets still have the price tag on them.
- Exceptional layout. Whomever designed this course was obviously determined to challenge the players.
- Trees like to "eat" discs. Have had to shake my disc out of a treetop on more than one occasion. (But that's more my fault than the trees.) Errant shots can be punished very severely.
- If you've never played the course before, the maps on the tee boxes can be a bit misleading.
- No topless Hooters girls frolicking along the #8 fairway.
Other Thoughts: Having played all the courses in Wilmington, I have to put Joe Eakes at a close second to The Castle. It's a challenge and the area is very nice. If you're heading to the beach, do yourself a favor and remember your discs. You'll be glad you played this course.
Courses Close By
- Trinity Disc Golf Course, Carolina Beach NC USNo votes yet
- Cougar Country, Boiling Springs Lakes NC US(2 votes)
- Arrowhead Park, Wilmington NC US(2 votes)
- Bill Smith Park, Oak Island NC US(2 votes)
- Leland Municipal Park, Leland NC USNo votes yet
- Castle Hayne Park, Castle Hayne NC US(6 votes)
- Wild Turkey Disc Golf Course, Hampstead NC USNo votes yet
- Hampstead Kiwanis Park, Hampstead NC USNo votes yet
- Waccamaw Park, Ash NC US(1 vote)
- Surf City Disc Golf Course, Hampstead NC US(1 vote)