The Ponds at Lakeshore
It is a nice place for beginners to play. I love this place. The baskets are well placed and the course it maintained beautifully. If you can't find your way around the people inside the shop will help point you the way. There are maps inside and there is paint or tape on the baskets that points you to the next tees. There is out of bonds where the old sand traps used to be to make it more strategic. Bill Gilbert who designed the course knew what he was doing.
Very dry, never muddy. 30 holes with multiple tees on most holes. Easy to navigate- with a map available inside or online. Follow the arrows, as described. A place to unleash your drivers! No rough, few mosquitoes, always a clean fun round. Throw Shop- largest disc golf pro shop in the state.
This is a FREE course open to the public, with no park system and tax dollars to maintain it. Be respectful to the property it's generous of them to let us use it for disc golf for FREE!
Pretty much horrible. The course isn't maintained at all. About 1/4 of the cages are under trees, and the trees aren't trimmed so shots are often blocked. The cages are also very hard to find on many holes. The first tee has three cages in front of it. You basically guess which cage is for that hole. The tees are the same way, good luck finding the right one. The worst part was the humongous dead tree that fell about five feet away from us while on the fifth tee. It was directly infront of the tee, where we would have been standing two minutes later. It was definitely large enough to kill someone. The only good part of the course is the throwshop located near the first tee. It's a wonderful store, huge selection.
I like the ball golf feel to this course. Wide fairways, elevation changes consistent with a golf course, and good long holes make this an entertaining course. It's a great course to work on driving, and longer approach shots. The only negative to this course is that it can be ridiculously windy. The big lake that that apartment complex sits on can produce [what seems like] hurricane force winds that push/pull/take your disc anywhere.
The Throw Shop is great. The selection is expansive and the staff very friendly and knowledgeable.
"Where did you come from? What are you doing here?
Canis lupus! Vulpes Vulpes!I don't think he speaks
English or Latin."
big place i only played 18 hole and i need to play the rest but i like it you dont lose a disk that easy there that what i like...
Courses Close By
- Water Works Park Disc Golf Course, Ypsilanti MI US(2 votes)
- EMU Disc Golf Course, Ypsilanti MI US(1 vote)
- Rolling Hills - Putting Labyrinth, Ypsilanti MI USNo votes yet
- Rolling Hills County Park - Main, Ypsilanti MI USNo votes yet
- Freedom Park, Canton MI US(3 votes)
- Concordia University, Ann Arbor MI USNo votes yet
- Mary Beth Doyle Park, Ann Arbor MI USNo votes yet
- Woolley Park, Saline MI USNo votes yet
- Pioneer High School, Ann Arbor MI USNo votes yet
- Bandemer Park, Ann Arbor MI US(1 vote)
Upcoming Events Close By
- Ypsilanti, Michigan, United StatesSat, Mar 23
- Ypsilanti, Michigan, United StatesSat-Sun, Apr 6-7
- YPSILANTI, Michigan, United StatesSat, Jun 22
- Ypsilanti, Michigan, United StatesSun, Aug 18
- YPSILANTI, Michigan, United StatesSun, Sep 29
- Ypsilanti, Michigan, United StatesSun, Nov 17
- Ypsilanti, Michigan, United StatesSun, Dec 8