Tall Grass Disc Golf Course at Bancroft Bay Park
Official Event Layouts
Battle of Bancroft Bay8-Sep-2018
Tall Grass Long Tees
- Holes: 18
- Length: 5,696 ft.
- Par: 54
- Divisions: MA1, MA2, MA3, MA40, MP40, MPO
- Divisions: MA40
Albert Lea Open28-Apr-2018
- Holes: 18
- Length: 5,770 ft.
- Par: 54
- Divisions: MA1, MA2, MA3, MP50, MPO
Just a fun course!!! Could birdie almost every hole. I didn't! Only a couple of open holes with noting around the basket. It's a must stop from now on!!!
This course has a very good layout! They have a variety of shots in amongst the trees. But the holes out in the prairie grass are basically wide open with tall grass running along the fairways. The only thing that I DO NOT like is the Baskets. They are home-made, and they were made horribly. Discs can roll out of the basket because the gaps in the side of the basket are too large. The basket part is made of squared edge metal of some sort. Who ever made them should have tried to round of the edges on the basket somehow, because if you hit the basket with your disc and not the chains you disc gets some major damage! I LOVE the layout though! Need to spend some money to get some REAL baskets!
A scenic place for a hike, the course is like a links course but for disc golf. Dogs, even off the leash, are welcomed. The first 7 holes and last 2 holes require accuracy around and through woods or water. Holes 7 to 16 are more wide open and call for distance and sense of wind and topography. A plus for this course is it was built with local donations and volunteers in August 2008 (and improved in August 2009), but a minus is the locally made baskets, which chip putters, seem a bit high and have smaller-than-usual catch baskets. And if after you make a putt your disc rolls out under the rim of the basket like some kind of coin return, locals consider it just a design flaw. It still counts as a trapped disc. Still, I like how the course has its own area and isn't running in between park features like at so many other courses. The course handles crowds well. And it is fun to watch small airplanes land frequently at the adjacent airport. This course is nicknamed the "The Lower" to distinguish it from the other, smaller course at this park up the road a bit. In short, it is better than most courses, except for the baskets.
Courses Close By
- Oak Island Disc Golf Course at Bancroft Bay Park, Albert Lea MN USNo votes yet
- Riverland Community Disc Golf Course, Albert Lea MN USNo votes yet
- Clarks Grove Disc Golf Course, Clarks Grove MN USNo votes yet
- North Park Disc Golf Course, Alden MN USNo votes yet
- Northwood Disc Golf Course, Northwood IA US(1 vote)
- Oakwood Park, Lake Mills IA US(1 vote)
- Victory Field Disc Golf Course, Blooming Prairie MN USNo votes yet
- Driesner Park, Austin MN US(1 vote)
- Todd Park, Austin MN US(3 votes)
- K.O.A. Campground, Owatonna MN USNo votes yet