Woodland Valley Disc Golf Course - Black Bear
Official Event Layouts
Don't Poke the Bear sponsored by Patriot Subaru14-Jul-2018
- Holes: 18
- Length: 5,036 ft.
- Par: 54
- Divisions: FPO, MA1, MA3, MA65, MP40, MP50, MP70, MPO
- Divisions: FA1, FA2, FA40, FA60, MA2, MA3, MA40, MA50, MA65
I'm new to disk golf, and this was the second course that I've played at, so my review may not be as relevant as a more seasoned golfer. I loved this place. Friendly/helpful staff, the course is in great shape and well maintained. Great variety from hole to hole. From simple "looking" straight par 3 to blind dog leg right and left. They have actual tee boxes, not the dirt like the first place I went to. A super well stocked pro shop, where if you want to "demo" a disk, grab one and go out to the fairway. If it works for you, buy it, if not,try another. This place is great. I heard they are putting in a third course. I can't wait to try it.
Both courses are awesome!! Two years between comments is way too long, lets get some people out to these courses and help to build the sport so we can have more courses to play.. Supply/demand. Trust me I don't want to see the courses over crowded or pay too much to play but it's a tremendous way to spend any afternoon in my opinion
My review on the black bear covers how great I think the pro shop and the people that run the course are. That said I am not a huge fan of the Grizzly, it should be mentioned that I played it from when it was freshly cut so it has most likely drastically improved. I just found it to be difficult for difficulty's sake, not because the terrain demanded it. It felt a bit forced and does not flow as well as the Bear. It is certainly more challenging but I think the amped up difficulty level does not translate to a higher quotient of fun as it should. Wooded and short. Worth playing without question though.
One of my favorite courses i have played. It's a very nice wooded course although quite easy. I got an eagle on one very easy par 4. Also has the best disc golf shop I have ever seen. Over 500 discs and everything else you would need in disc golf. I would definitely suggest playing it if your in town and I hope to get to play the grizzly tomorrow.
Courses Close By
- Woodland Valley Disc Golf - The Grizzly, Limerick ME US(3 votes)
- Woodland Valley Disc Golf - The Kodiak, Limerick ME USNo votes yet
- Gowen Park Disc Golf, Sanford ME USNo votes yet
- Boom Field, Saco ME US(1 vote)
- Moose Mountain Recreation, Brookfield NH US(1 vote)
- Terrace Pines Campground, Center Ossipee NH US(2 votes)
- Pleasant Hill Disc Golf, Scarborough ME US(1 vote)
- Salmon Falls Disc Golf Course, Rochester NH USNo votes yet
- Bittersweet Ridge Disc Golf - North, North Yarmouth ME USNo votes yet
- Bittersweet Ridge Disc Golf - South, North Yarmouth ME USNo votes yet