Woodland Valley Disc Golf - The Grizzly
Official Event Layouts
Don't Poke the Bear, Driven by Innova13-Jul-2019
- Holes: 18
- Length: 5,952 ft.
- Par: 58
- Divisions: FA1, FA2, FA3, FA60, MA2, MA40, MA50, MA65
- Divisions: FPO, MA1, MA50, MP40, MP50, MP60, MPO
Don't Poke the Bear sponsored by Patriot Subaru14-Jul-2018
- Holes: 18
- Length: 5,952 ft.
- Par: 54
- Divisions: FA1, FA2, FA40, FA60, MA2, MA40, MA50
- Divisions: FPO, MA1, MP40, MP50, MP70, MPO
This is hands down the best course I have played. I live in SW Florida and have played a bunch down here in Sarasota and port Charlotte. I'll put it this way we drove 2 hours to play this course and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Friendly staff and beautiful courses grizzly had to be my favorite with multiple risk/reward holes I was able to get my first eagle on a par 4. If you haven't had the privilege of playing this course.. Do yourself a favor make the trip!!! Thanks again for the blueberry scented mini!!
This was my home course for awhile and I consider myself lucky. It is my favorite pro shop in the state. The selection is extensive and the prices are about 2-3 dollars cheaper than other shops. Good selection and prices on snacks and drinks as well. Plus the lady that runs it is one of the nicest you'll find. I moved to AZ and thought I lost my credit card in the move. I visited home about a year later and stopped by one of my favorite courses and the lady remembered me and handed me my card I had left the year before. I like their frequent players rewards, I think it is every 8th or 10th round you play is free and they keep track of it so you show up every once and awhile and you have a free round. The course itself is fantastic. It tests all your shot types and angles. Its very playable but taking the extra time to really think about and place your shots can really shave some strokes here. Its a great romp through the woods.
Two very nice courses, I particularly like The Grizzly. The course is heavily wooded with a few open holes in the field by the clubhouse, and another two holes that take you through a large meadow in the forest. Thick undergrowth and small evergreens can make some spots pretty unforgiving if you drive off the fairway.
Also, in winter the owners groom The Black Bear (the shorter course) by clearing off teepads and packing down the fairways. You can rent gaiters (waterproof leg/ankle covering for the snow) at the clubhouse, and get a hot drink after your round. I highly recommend playing a round with snow on the ground.
Woodland Valley has the best pro-shop of any course I've seen in Maine (rivaled only by Sabattus).
Courses Close By
- Woodland Valley Disc Golf Course - Black Bear, Limerick ME US(4 votes)
- Woodland Valley Disc Golf - The Kodiak, Limerick ME USNo votes yet
- Gowen Park Disc Golf, Sanford ME USNo votes yet
- Boom Field, Saco ME US(1 vote)
- Moose Mountain Recreation, Brookfield NH US(1 vote)
- Riverside Drive Disc Golf Course, Saco ME USNo votes yet
- Sunset Ridge Disc Golf Course, Westbook ME USNo votes yet
- Terrace Pines Campground, Center Ossipee NH US(2 votes)
- Pleasant Hill Disc Golf, Scarborough ME US(1 vote)
- Salmon Falls Disc Golf Course, Rochester NH USNo votes yet