PDGA Europe Tour Manager
PDGA Europe Tour Manager
Position Title: PDGA Europe Tour Manager/Consultant
Responsible to: PDGA Europe Administrator
Background: The Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) is a player-run international not-for-profit organization and the governing body for the rapidly growing sport of disc golf. PDGA Europe is the PDGA’s newly founded and largely self-governing continental arm in Europe.
Position Summary: PDGA Europe is seeking a highly organized and customer service-oriented individual to serve as consultant/contractor with the title of Tour Manager. The position and compensation are based on an average monthly workload of 100 hours. The successful candidate will be a strong team player whose excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills will contribute to the development and long-term success of PDGA Europe and PDGA Tour events in Europe.
Detailed Job Description:
- Serve as primary source of information and communication on PDGA Tour events in Europe, to and with affiliated national associations, country coordinators, event tournament directors, PDGA members, and other interested parties.
- With the PDGA-EDGF Competition Committee, organize and manage the annual EuroTour Series of events. Tabulate the ongoing series points standings. Calculate and oversee distribution of series-end bonus payout and trophies.
- Serve as primary PDGA Europe representative at select EuroTour Series events, providing assistance to hosts with live scoring, scores posting to pdga.com, officiating, pay tables, and possible course(s) review.
- Serve as secondary PDGA Europe representative at European Major and European Championships events, where attendance is approved by PDGA Europe Administrator.
- Provide in-depth coverage, including daily website stories, photos, and social media posts for PDGA and PDGA Europe Media from events attended.
- Review any event reports received by email from European tournament directors for completeness and correctness, and submit same on an ASAP basis to PDGA USA office for database entry. Follow up with any TDs who are late with submission of event reports. Facilitate resolution of event report errors that are identified after submission.
- Provide the PDGA Europe Administrator with monthly reports, including submission of expenses, and with a month-by-month process schedule document outlining all of the work to be undertaken and achieved.
- Required: European citizen or resident
- Required: Fluency in English
- Passion for the sport of disc golf
- College or equivalent degree in business, sports management, or other related field
- Job experience in a related field; non-profit sector experience is an asset
- High level of computer literacy including fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of disc golf, the PDGA, its membership and tournament/tour structure
- Patience and endurance to handle repetitive work and cyclical busy times
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible, able to deliver results on time, and innovative
- Strong ability to multi-task and handle high-pressure situations
- Experience in organizing and/or managing events
- Ability to provide stable, consistent, reliable, timely, and courteous relations and communications with members, tournament directors, events and PDGA Europe committees
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and project management skills
- Ability to inspire, influence, and coordinate the efforts of other members in support of events
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Endurance to handle demanding physical activity in setting up and striking PDGA event assets
- EUR 16,000 per annum (EUR 1,333 per month) + EUR 1,000 toward communication costs (internet, email, phone) + EUR 1,000 toward personal equipment (laptop, software) + events travel budget as approved by PDGA Europe Administrator.
- The Consultant/Contractor assumes sole responsibility for the submission of personal taxes and related documents to the authorities in their European country of residence.
Application Deadline: January 7, 2019
Projected Start Date: April 1, 2019
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and your resume, specifically supporting your interest in and suitability for this position, via e-mail to: [email protected]
- posted 7 months ago
- posted 1 year ago
- posted 3 years ago
- posted 4 years ago
- posted 7 years ago
- 1 of 2
- next ›