Marco Polo Program
The Marco Polo Program was conceived and approved by the PDGA Board of Directors in 2011, with an official start date of January 1, 2012. The goals of this program are to support the introduction of Disc Golf into new countries and to strengthen its development in other countries around the world. The program provides up to $3000 funding for innovative international projects that promote the growth of Disc Golf, and that create links between PDGA, the countries, and the local Disc Golf communities. To date funding grants have been awarded for disc golf development activities in almost 20 countries.
Please note that effective 2022, a new PDGA Europe Disc Golf Development Fund is being launched, which will replace the Marco Polo Program in European Countries.
Grants will be provided to PDGA international members in, and to USA/Canada members who have the opportunity to travel to, Latin America, Asia, Oceania, and/or Africa. Materials and equipment purchased with grant funding must become the property of an in-country participating not-for–profit disc golf, sports or community association or group, and not the individual participants.
Applications may be submitted at any time. Following PDGA review, including requests for further information, applicants will be notified of the PDGA’s decision. Grants may or may not reflect the amount requested.
Guidelines and Eligibility
- Funding is for programs and projects in countries outside of USA and Canada.
- Applicants must be 18 and a current PDGA member.
- PDGA staff, consultants and Board are not eligible for grants.
- Recipients must submit progress reports, including, within one month after project completion a final report for projects lasting 3 months or less, as well as quarterly reports for projects lasting longer than 3 months. These reports should be well written with the intent of publication by PDGA, and should include photos of the activities, and other supporting information such as press coverage, testimonial and thank you letters.
- Grants may be used to fund purchases and activities for 12 months from the date of award approval. Applications that include activities scheduled prior to the date of notification will not be considered.
|Marco Polo- Bogota Colombia Report||Feb 13th 2023|
|Marco Polo- Colombia Disc Golf Para Todxs Report||Feb 13th 2023|
|Marco Polo – Tagaytay Philippines Report||Oct 12th 2022|
|Marco Polo – Atabaia Brasil Report||Mar 11th 2022|
|Marco Polo - Valmiera Latvia Report||Jan 31st 2022|
|Marco Polo - Guatemala Report||Feb 8th 2023|
|Marco Polo- Colombia Report||Jun 19th 2018|
|Marco Polo- Brazil Report||Jan 24th 2018|
|Marco Polo- Nicaragua Report||Nov 8th 2017|
|Marco Polo- Zambia Report||Jun 29th 2016|
|Marco Polo- Ethiopia Report||Dec 8th 2019|
|Marco Polo - Costa Rica Report||Feb 18th 2017|
|Marco Polo - Honduras Report||Dec 23rd 2014|
|Marco Polo - Spain Report||Dec 23rd 2014|
|Marco Polo - Israel Report||Dec 23rd 2014|
|Marco Polo - Mexico Report||Dec 23rd 2014|
|Marco Polo - Barbados Report||Dec 23rd 2014|