Frequently Asked Questions - Membership
The PDGA is a not-for-profit organization run by a volunteer Board of Directors, and hundreds – if not thousands – of volunteer hours to create all the programs managed by still more volunteers and 18 PDGA staff members. The PDGA uses the membership fees to:
- Organize and manage 4,000 + competitive events worldwide, and the PDGA supports each event with hard-copy and electronic information;
- Manage player points, statistics, and rating system for 46,000+ active members;
- Produce four full-color glossy publication of DiscGolfer Magazine annually;
- Support the annual PDGA Professional, Amateur, Masters, and Junior World Championships;
- Provide outstanding achievement awards to the PDGA player of the year, the TD of the year, the volunteer of the year, and touring players;
- Produce an online disc golf course directory with over 8,000 entries;
- Keep track of demographics that we supply to journalists, PR promoters, and other interested parties;
- Fund the PDGA Innovation Grant Program to create, to increase, and to promote the awareness of the sport of disc golf and the Professional Disc Golf Association through the support of innovative project ideas, both domestic and internationally;
- Fund the Marco Polo Program, which supports the introduction of disc golf into new countries by providing support and guidance as infrastructure is developed;
- Design and maintain the PDGA website where members can track their personal statistics in sanctioned events and get up-to-date information on tournament results, disc golf related news, event coverage, and important announcements;
- Support development and maintenance of tournament and league organization and registration at DiscGolfScene.com;
- Facilitate live event coverage of premier disc golf tournaments, including video coverage, hole-by-hole scoring, and more;
- Send out hard-copy and e-notices, membership info, ballots, the weekly E-newsletter, and other mass mailings;
- Publish the Official Rules of Disc Golf and manage periodic revisions and updates;
- Manage the Competition Manual for Disc Golf Events, a companion to the rules of play;
- Produce an Information Kit available to PDGA members and non-members alike. The kit contains stats, demographics, testimonials, brochures and is useful for anyone interested in installing a course in their area or promoting the sport in general;
- Print a glossy promo brochure "Get to Know Disc Golf?" – that is available to anyone;
- Organize and subsidize an insurance policy that is available to Tournament Directors for PDGA sanctioned events;
- Develop and maintain rules official certification process;
- Provide Course Marshals at the PDGA Pro, Master, and Amateur World Championships;
- Provide sponsorship to Major, National Tour, and Elite Series which may include the form of a financial contribution, banners, flags, Marshals, and event registration/management assistance;
- Host monthly teleconferences and two annual PDGA Board of Directors Summit;
- Test and approve discs and baskets for sanctioned play;
- Examine other important aspects of disc golf from the environment to sustainability;
- Provide new members with a "welcome" membership package;
- Gratefully acknowledge 10 and 20-year PDGA members with an exclusive bag tag;
- Continue to fund initiatives that work towards broadcasting disc golf via traditional television;
- Open the International Disc Golf Center in Columbia County, Georgia in April of 2007, providing offices for the PDGA staff, the Disc Golf Hall of Fame, and The Ed Headrick Museum. This facility has three championship courses open to all disc golfers;
- Create and enforce standards for PDGA sanctioned events;
All these PDGA activities and programs build credibility for disc golf and contribute to the formalization and growth of the sport. In short, as a PDGA member, you enjoy all the direct benefits of membership as listed above while also supporting and promoting the development of disc golf. The PDGA supports disc golf around the world and allows multiple opportunities for PDGA members to be active and engaged community members that help with the continuous growth of the sport of disc golf. Impact your local and international disc golf community by joining the Professional Association for all disc golfers.
- Make sure you've downloaded the most recent version of UDisc on your preferred operating system.
- Open UDisc and tap the “Profile” tab. If you're new to the app, you'll need to create a free UDisc account.
- Enter your PDGA number.
- Check the email address you use for your PDGA membership and click the link to confirm you’ve linked the accounts.
Processing, shipping, and delivering your PDGA membership package may take up to 4-6 weeks. We ship using Business First Class which generally takes 3-10 days once shipped depending on your shipping address. Thank you for your patience.
The Birdie, Ace and Eagle Clubs are premium membership upgrades that enable the PDGA to continue to strengthen our programs, grants, and activities globally including:
- Innovation Grants
- Competition Endowment Program
- Marco Polo Grant Program – an International Initiative
- Player and Course Rating Systems
- Marketing of the PDGA National Tour and PDGA Majors
- Support for the PDGA Website and Media Initiatives
- Upkeep of our sport's permanent home, the International Disc Golf Center
Birdie Club members receive a Birdie Club logo disc and Birdie Club Bag Tag. Ace Club members receive an Ace Club logo disc, Ace Club logo shirt or Ace Club metal mini and an Ace Club Bag Tag. Eagle Club members receive a lifetime membership, two personalized Eagle Club logo discs, and an Eagle Club softshell jacket. All members of these clubs are listed on our website and in DiscGolfer Magazine, the official publication of the PDGA.
Absolutely! The PDGA is the Professional Association for ALL disc golfers.
Yes, a family discount is available. The family discount applies when two or more PDGA memberships share the same address. The second and, or any additional family members that sign up with the PDGA with the same address will receive a five dollar discount on their PDGA membership. The PDGA family membership discount will only send a single subscription of the quarterly publication of DiscGolfer Magazine to the address on file.
Currently, we do not offer prorated memberships. If you feel you are going to compete in several PDGA sanctioned events before October 1st, then it will be worth it to go ahead and join. When you join the PDGA, any required non-member fees at PDGA sanctioned events are waived. However, if you will not be competing much before then, join after October 1st and your membership will be extended through the following year.
You will receive four issues of The DiscGolfer Magazine. If you join or renew your PDGA membership after the publications release date, then back issues will be included in your welcome/renewal package. Any issues with receiving The DiscGolfer Magazine, please contact the Memberships Manager.
Although some Tournament Directors offer to accept memberships at an event, it can sometimes lead to a lengthy process. Your registration information will arrive with the tournament report, and that report may not be due until 30 days later, depending on the tier level of the event. Your best bet, for a faster turnaround, is to process your membership online for the quickest processing.
If your membership package has not arrived within 6 weeks of being processed, please contact the Memberships Manager with your order number, your PDGA number, and your current mailing address. Once your address is confirmed, we will have the PDGA Fulfillment Office resend your membership package.
The new PDGA Policy on Eligibility for Gender Protected Divisions was proposed by the PDGA Medical Committee and was approved by the PDGA Board of Directors on March 12, 2019. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) established a new policy from the Consensus Meeting on Sex Reassignment and Hyperandrogenism in November 2015, and the new PDGA policy is in alignment with the latest IOC standard.
PDGA memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. PDGA membership benefits and services are available to you immediately upon completing the registration process.