Black Bear Park
I came here with a beginner and almost gave up the sport. Holes are either down a walking path with heavy traffic or down a small pathway with high weeds that will loose a disc if thrown over 100 feet. Spent 90% of the round looking for discs and the other 10% apologizing to people we didn't see on the walking paths.
From a local involved with the course:
June 20, 2017 - "The course is also a nature and wildlife preserve area. Hence the interpretation signs along the course regarding plant life, ecosystem, and the natural prairie. The course has recently been trimmed and wood chipped by parks. The areas that can not be mowed have recently been planted with small tree saplings. The course is well appreciated and loved and we consider it very fortunate to have it present on property worth millions of dollars." The nature of the terrain at this course (water in play and tall grass in a nature preserve) can make it unforgiving to newer players or those that lack control over their throws.
There are a lot of old reviews and praise here and the course must be different now. I hated this course. Fairways are paved with asphalt and about 15' wide. Everywhere is covered in tall prairie plants and the sign at the first tee warns you that there's tons of poison ivy. So, this might be fine to play in March after the snow knocked down the plants, but in June it's unplayable. Maybe if I'd worn a hazmat suit and brought with 30 or 40 garbage discs it would be ok, but otherwise, no way. I'll never play here again.
Great challenging short course. You need bring every trick you have to get through the wooded holes. 18 is a great finishing hole. Course play quick and the wind comes out of no where to help push your disc in the lake. There are marked par 4's but it plays as a par 3 for all 18. If you pick your angles tou can get still get 2 on the par fours with a good shot. Overall everything is in great shape and its a real fun course.
Very well laid out. Challenging course that requires accuracy. Bring a garbage disc if you are afraid to lose a disc in the water. There's a horse on the course too! Great play.
Pros: Beautiful setting & layout, well marked, some challenging holes, demands accuracy, the horse. Cons: Excess thick brush, short holes/course w/ mostly wooded holes. Definitely a fun course to play though & one of nicest in area, more like a 4.5 or so.
Great course, very well laid out. Easy to navigate with fun facts on signage. Only wish they had more land to work with, since most of the holes are only around 225. Plenty of obstacles to make up for the lack of distance. Not sure why it has so many 5 star ratings, but I would have given it a 4.3 if I could. Great course if your local and a fun one to check out if you are driving through the area.
Best course in the immediate area. Lots or woods as well as open and marsh lands. Couple holes pose a danger for losing discs in water but can be avoided for less experienced players. Very clean, scenic, and fun. Must play!
Awesome course. It's a shame this course wasn't here years ago. Many trees in your way on most holes. Course alternates between wooded and open. This one requires a little bit of accuracy instead of just gripping and ripping. There are a few ace runs. There is a horse in a yard on the back nine (That's something different) and you can have a run in with other wildlife as well. Bring bug spray, and be careful where you park so you don't get a ticket. But this is an AWESOME course
nice course. well mapped. couple tricky water shots.
Very nice course with tees either being a box tee with astroturf or you shoot from the bike path. Very well thoughtout design to the course with the diffuculty I would rate it as an intermediate. There are no extremely hard shots, but not easy. The par's are a little off considering i would classify myself as an intermediate and I shot a -10. At bartlett course I only shoot at +2 on a good day.
This is a well designed course. I like how they used the walking trail as a tee instead of building 18 of them. The course is short, but challenging, lots of wooded holes and also has water hazards. The course is brand new, and has great potential, it looks like they're going to build a parking lot there, so some facilities will be awesome. Grand Opening is May 1st, 2010, so be sure to show up and support the new course!
Courses Close By
- Rolling Knolls Disc Golf Course, Elgin IL US(3 votes)
- Sunny Hill Park, Streamwood IL US(4 votes)
- Shady Oaks Park, Streamwood IL US(4 votes)
- Carpenter Park, Carpentersville IL US(1 vote)
- Streamwood Behavioral Health Disc Golf Course, Streamwood IL USNo votes yet
- Sunrise Park, Bartlett IL US(9 votes)
- Randall Oaks, Dundee IL US(5 votes)
- Quarry View Disc Golf Course, Algonquin IL US(1 vote)
- Goose Lake Park, Roselle IL US(3 votes)
- Golf Learning Center, Barrington IL USNo votes yet